Technology for Nursing Homes, Adult Day Care (PACE), and Long-term-care Facilities
- Improved physical therapy outcomes
- Reduced risk of injury from falls for many users
- Low effort, no impact
- Effective for physically compromised users
- No increase in vital signs
- No overuse syndromes
- Overall improvement in user wellness
- Transportable to the resident
- Increase staff productivity
- Green – No Electricity or other external power required
- Counter for monitoring and charting usage
- Utilizes inertia and momentum provided by the user for ease of use.
- Patented technology
- There is no other known commercial device or equipment that increases blood flow without a corresponding increase in vital signs that can be used on a daily basis with no untoward affects resulting for the user.
- Anecdotal reports and preliminary studies suggest that the Treadwell® Device may be helpful in the treatment of wound healing, leg ulcer healing , edema of the lower extremities, venous blood flow disorders (venostasis) peripheral arterial disease (PAD), restless leg syndrome (RLS), congestive heart failure (CHF), and peripheral neuropathy.
Treadwell® Wellness Device Product Description
The Treadwell® Wellness Device is a revolutionary device with Treadwell® patented technology that even the most physically compromised can use. Our innovative new technology is non-invasive and easy to use. It is designed for ease of use with very low exertion. The design allows for virtually no resistance, no impact motion for the user as compared to high exertion, high resistance, high impact exercise devices. Our device is especially well suited for the residents of nursing homes and long-term care facilities who have reached a stage in life where a more sedentary life style results from physical realities that time imposes upon them. The Treadwell® Wellness Device provides the benefits of increased blood flow usually gained from exercise and can be used on a daily basis without the risk of doing harm.
“EXERCISE WITHOUT EXERTION”
The Science of the Treadwell® Wellness Device
By harnessing the power of the body’s “Calf Pump Mechanism” with the device, the user’s blood flow velocity increases, particularly in the lower extremities. The increase in blood flow has been studied and documented by using Doppler® Ultrasound. The results of our study were published in the Journal of Medical Diagnostic Sonography May/June 2010 issue in an article title Dynamic Peripheral Vascular Ultrasonograpy: A Novel Technique. The study indicates that blood flow increases significantly when the user engages the Treadwell® Wellness Device.
We know that the tightening of the calf muscles that occurs during the rocking motion of the ankle squeezes the veins in the legs. This squeezing action propels the blood up the legs toward the heart while one way valves in the veins prevent back-flow.
We believe the muscles are re-oxygenated and nourished while fluid is moved out of the lower extremities to allow more venous blood to return. We also believe that the efficiency of the heart increases and a corresponding increase in blood flow occurs throughout the body with a corresponding gain in the effectiveness of the body’s systems and organs.
Treadwell® Wellness Device Business Channels
Long-term Care Facilities, Rehabilitation Facilities, Physical Therapy, Medical Research & Testing, Professional and Amateur Athletic Sports and Teams, Corporate Wellness, and Long-haul Passenger & Commercial Transportation (transcontinental/transoceanic aviation, trucking, busing, rail, travel centers and truck stops).